Friday, November 10, 2006

Hobby- Magic

I love Magic! I have learned magic for years, and have several experiences performed on the stage. The most memorable experience happened in this summer, when I performed at the talent show in Berkeley. It was my first time to perform in English in front of hundreds of students. I talked to myself before I went on stage “Go, Eric! You can do it!” Finally, I went on the stage although I was totally nervous. But it was all worthy when I heard the endless bravo and applauses after my last performance- Snow White. Wow! That is the feeling to win a Nobel Prize, I whispered. What I have learned from playing magic is to communicate with the audience. Let them understand what you were doing and you could make them followed your steps. You always have to lead the audience and the big point is to control them in your conversation. The best way to improve magic is to make up stories for your tricks. By doing so, the audiences would pay more attention to your stories rather than your magic tricks. That will ease your anxiety, and prevent audience from seeing through your tricks, since they mostly focus on hearing your stories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home